Wednesday, May 16, 2012

phase H

I'm returning to a familiar figure.  Pigeon was used for my first painting and I'm using her again for a new one.  I started this painting a while back but as the one previously in Phase Q (now he's in Phase U) is almost done, I've been spending more time with her.  In the beginning copying the first one on a bigger canvas was important to me, but now I'm exploring and letting things happen more.

Phase H is when you have almost all of the elements up, but something is missing, or something is too much, or the elements need some connection, or, or, or . . . and that problem needs to be solved before moving on.  It's unsettling but exciting, like exploring a new territory.

Until the answer arrives, I'll share my beautiful predicament with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment